A camp in central Pennsylvania for nonprofit groups of 12-200. Additional occupancy (100) available during the summer months.
Located in the “Seven Mountains” area of central Pennsylvania, Hartman Center is comprised of 192 acres of open and wooded areas, with easy access to nearby streams, hiking trails, and state parks. It is located on Old US Highway 322, 10 miles north of Lewistown (70 miles from the Conference Center in Harrisburg) and about 20 miles southeast of State College.
- Michaux Lodge
Named for Camp Michaux, the former church camp for Penn Central Conference, located in Michaux State Forest near Gardners, PA. Dedicated in 1993 as the new retreat center at Hartman Center, the facility has expanded ministry options and is completely handicapped accessible. Michaux Lodge is a one-story structure with eight bedrooms - each capable of housing up to five persons (one double bed and three singles). There are five bathrooms, a kitchen, a dining room which seats forty, and a large common room for fellowship and program activities. There are 32 beds. Maximum Capacity is 40 persons. NOTE: This facility is completely accessible Also available in Michaux Lodge are a television, DVD and VCR players, multimedia projector and screen, white board, and flip chart. The minimum occupancy for this facility is 16 persons.
- Stone House
24-30 person capacity (4 bedrooms). There are 24 beds. The Stone House provides a home-like atmosphere for groups in the converted farmhouse of the Hartman Family. With a minimum 12 person charge, groups can be accommodated all under a single roof. The Stone House has 4 bedrooms on the 2nd floor with 3 bathrooms. A kitchen, living room with gas fireplace, dining room/program rooms and a half bath make up the first floor. Also available is a foosball table, piano, and a television with a DVD/VCR. Upon request there is the availability of an overhead projector, screen, white board and flip chart.
The “A” program area includes five cabins and a program lodge, while the “B” program area includes four cabins and a program lodge. Each cabin is equipped with 6 sets of bunk beds and a full bathroom. The cabins are grouped in close proximity to the program lodge. The minimum occupancy of each cabin grouping is twelve persons.
A Frames & Adirondacks
"A" Frames allow campers to enjoy being close to nature, yet still have the convenience of having a roof overhead. Each site is located near a full shower & restroom facility, as well as a nearby dining area. Hartman Center has two “A” Frame locations, Pioneer I and II. For those seeking a more rustic camp experience, Hartman Center also offers an area that use the Adirondacks at Outpost campsite.
Both "A" Frames and Adirondacks are only available for use May through October.
Pioneer I has 8 A Frames 8 person capacity
Pioneer II has four A Frames with 6 beds each.
Pioneer III (Outpost) - Adirondacks has four structures with 5 beds each.
The Dining Hall at Hartman Center provides a clean and spacious location to have camp meals, activities, banquets, meetings & parties.
It has been newly remodeled and features a large fireplace and fully equipped cafeteria style kitchen.
The main dining area can seat 100. The annex can seat 50.
The Dining Hall can also be separated for both food and activities. The capacity for seated dining is 150.
- Program Lodges are equipped with a kitchen so groups can prepare their own meals. Chairs and tables are available for groups to design the open area to fit their needs. A TV and DVD/VCR players are available upon request as well as multimedia projectors and screens.
- Dining Hall - Meeting space for up to 150 people. A/V equipment, sound system, microphones, 2 large screen TVs, and LCD projector.
- Chapel - 100 person capacity. Beautifully designed interior provides a wonderful spiritual setting for church services, camp vespers, skits, performances and even weddings! Features: Movable seating, audio equipment, piano, computer projector, TV and DVD/VHS player.
- Pavillion - Paved, covered patio will accommodate 150.
- Craft Shop - Medium sized building with tables for arts & crafts
- Vespers Area - Bench seating in semi-circle for 150 with campfire ring.
- Play Structure for kids under 12 years of age
- Wi-Fi is available throughout the camp.
- Swimming pool
- Basketball court
- 2 athletic fields
- Walking labyrinth
- Pond for fishing
- Low ropes course
- Group challenge activities
5725 Old US Hwy. 322