A camp and retreat center near Foresthill, Placer County, California for nonprofit groups of 10-115.
Located at 4,000 feet near Foresthill, California, Community of the Great Commission is on 428 acres in the sierra foothills. Stately pines and panoramic views make this site a beautiful and exciting place to go to for summer camp, year-round adult retreats, and weekend family camps. Community of the Great Commission is an ideal place to bring groups to focus on your program. It’s also a great place to have fun, whether relaxing by the swimming pool, going on scenic hikes or enjoying the view of the Crystal Range of the high sierras.
- Claar House is a retreat house with semi-private rooms for 20 guests (bedding and towels provided). Personal shower items not provided.
- The Bobbitt Area has 8 cabins (each sleeping 10 people in bunk beds), all winterized with bathrooms. Bobbitt Hall has a bedroom with accommodations for up to 4 guests.
- The Summer Camping Area has 4 cabins (each sleeping 10 in bunk beds) and 1 screen cabin that sleeps 6. A group tent camping area is also available.
- RV parking is available at the Claar House parking area (no hookups).
- Meal Service at CGC includes homemade meals and salad bar available for all groups, served in the dining hall by our friendly staff.
- Own Cooking Options - fully equipped kitchen in Bobbit Hall…Or do your own cooking at Claar House.
- List of Cooking/Kitchen Supplies provided.
- See our menu for an idea about our delicious food options.
- Bobbitt Hall is a large meeting space with kitchen, vaulted ceiling, large picture windows, and deck (for groups of up to 50 persons).
- Irvin Dining Hall is large dining facility (seats 160) with smaller conference room (seats up 25).
- Claar House has an open work/study area for up to 30 guests.
- Cabin 30 serves as an additional breakout meeting space in the Bobbitt Area (for groups of up to 20).
- Tyndall Platform is a covered deck with railing in the Bobbitt Area.
- The Activity Platform is a large deck nestled in the heart of the forest and will accommodate up to 80 people.
- The Amphitheater is a spectacular outdoor venue with canyon views, lighted stage and bench seating for groups of 200 persons.
- The picnic table area is an outdoor meeting space outside Bobbitt Hall available for picnics and meetings (for groups of 50 persons). An additional picnic table area is available outside Irvin Dining Hall.
- Two Fire Circles provide campfire capability with log seating for groups of 75 guests in the Bobbitt circle and 25 in the Summer Tent Area.
- WI-FI is available at the Irvin Dining Hall, Bobbitt Hall, and Claar House.
- The Swimming Pool with changing rooms and restroom facilities is available seasonally (June-September)
- Sports Activities available are volleyball, basketball, horseshoes, and ping pong are available for guest use.
- A Grassy Field provides a beautiful setting for outdoor games.
- Easy access to historic mining towns, Tahoe National Forest, cross country skiing, the American River, and Sugar Pine recreational area.
- The camp is 1/2 mile from OHV trails. Bring your 4 wheeler and go trailing!
- CGC offers a Low Ropes Challenge Course
To schedule a tour of The Community of the Great Commission, please call the Site Director at 530-367-2370 or contact them by cgc [at] uccr [dot] org (email.)
Please use our tried & true printable directions listed below in the Site Documents.
30303 Chicken Hawk Road