A camp in the Des Moines River Valley, Iowa for non-profit groups of 10-325.
Clover Woods, formerly the Iowa 4-H Center, consists of over 1100 acres of woodlands, meadows, wetlands and fields in the heart of the scenic Des Moines River Valley. The area is home to deer, wild turkey, raccoons, migratory waterfowl, and birds, making it a haven to many wild species. Richardson’s Creek borders the Clover Camp property to the east and flows into the Des Moines River bordering the property on the west and south. The trail system is extensive with 23 miles of trails to explore through the forest and along the Des Moines River. There are ponds and creeks throughout the property, and the site has a strong sense of being remote with long vistas of natural prairie and the surrounding forest. Throughout camp are small gathering areas, many with views of the recreation fields, forest, and camp that offer a pleasant atmosphere for nurturing and connecting to the peacefulness of this place. The camp is owned by the Iowa 4-H Foundation.
Lodging and meeting space is grouped in five Villages.
- Hickory Village has A/C in the new addition of the lodge/meeting space; there are 7 cabins with A/C that sleep 10 each for a total of 70 beds. A main lodge has large meeting room, kitchen and bathrooms; a/c in new addition only. Seven individual cabins with A/C that sleeps 10. Minimum of 16 guests for rental.
- Oak Village has A/C and sleeps up to 36 guests. The main lodge has 4 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms, large room that has couches, tv/vcr, fireplace and a piano, also a kitchen that has a stove, refrig and microwave. The 2nd building is Twin Oak that has 2 sleeping rooms with 10 beds and a bathroom in each room. Minimum of 16 guests for rental.
- Elm Village has A/C and a sleeping capacity of 72. All 3 buildings have A/C, the main lodge has 2 sleeping rooms that sleep 12 each and 2 bathrooms, the kitchen has a stove, refrig and microwave. There is a large room with couches, tv/dvd, fireplace, a piano and an additional refrigerator. Minimum of 16 guests for rental.
- Maple Village (currently closed) has 8 cabins that sleep 11-12 each for a total of 90 beds. A main lodge has a large meeting room, kitchen and bathrooms; no a/c.
- Birch Village (currently closed) has 9 cabins that sleep 8-10 each for a total of 81 beds. Birch has a main lodge with a large meeting room, kitchen and bathrooms with A/C. Nine individual cabins with A/C that sleeps 8-10.
Cedar Lodge sleeps up to 10 people. House style three-level cottage with two bathrooms and a kitchen. There is a large room with couches, tv/dvd, fireplace, seating for 25 people, Sleeps 10 total. Minimum of 4 guests for rental.
Elm and Oak Villages are equipped for year-round lodging and the remaining Villages offer three-season lodging. Maximum occupancy with Villages currently accessible is approximately 180. If the remaining 2 Villages were opened the maximum is 325 beds.
- Food Service in the Dining Hall
The large kitchen and dining hall are equipped with all necessary equipment for cooking and serving.
Meal Service - homemade family-style meals or buffet available for all groups, served in the dining hall or on the outside patio by our friendly staff.
New screened picnic area with BBQ accommodates up to 200 guests.
The minimum for food service is 16 guests.
Each Village has a meeting space with furniture and a small kitchen. The buildings, meeting and sitting rooms allow for indoor and outdoor meeting space in a relaxing environment. Each kitchen is large enough to allow groups to do their own cooking. A few of the lodging areas have a smaller meeting area in addition to the larger meeting space. Elm Lodge is unique in that geothermal energy from underground is used for heating and cooling the building.
In addition, the camp features:
- Pinecone amphitheater
- Campfire circles & Large fire rings
- Outdoor seating/meeting areas
- Multiple Inspiration Points
The Camp has several other recreation offerings:
- several very large recreation fields
- soccer goals for the recreation fields
- a par course
- playground for children
- archery range
- gaga pits
- Native American Earth Mounds - Archeological
1991 Peach Ave